What Comprises a Great Hotel Mixed With Business?
Defining a great Birmingham hotel mixed with business is very crucial for the marketing efforts and success of hotels. A marketing mix is usually utilized in order to indicate many marketing variables used by sales team in order to target the specific guests or the market segments such as leisure, conference, groups, transient, corporate, etc.
Normally, the marketing mix is prepared by the sales managers or the director of marketing and sales. The hotels mixed with business need to have the right services and facilities, define great promotional strategies (both offline and online) and ultimately, with the right/reasonable pricing.
- Service/Facilities – This should be your first consideration because without this, the marketing team of the hotel will have nothing to provide or deliver to their potential customers/guests. The usual products offered in Birmingham hotel industry nowadays include the following:
- Business Center
- Travel Desk
- Express Check-in, Check-out Services
- Executive Lounge
- Wellness and Health Facilities
- Recreational Facilities
- Conference Facilities
- Banqueting Rooms
- Food and Beverages
- Guest Rooms
- Parking Facilities
Generally, the hotels cater to the different kinds of market segment and each one of these have different requirements. An analysis done by marketing and sales department can help the overall management to determine those specific requirements and work together with the management in order to either develop the needed facilities or make the necessary improvements.
- Place and Distribution – This defines the accessibility of Birmingham products to the consumers. As compared to other products, normally, the products of hotel don’t travel to the customers but the customers themselves will come to the product.
The location or place of hotel is one factor. A hotel should use either indirect or direct distribution methods in order to reach its potential customers. Below-mentioned are few channels or methods that are used by the hotels today:
- GDS (Global Distribution System)
- WBS (Hotel Website Booking System)
- Printed Media Advertisement and other related media advertisements
- Banner Advertisement or online Pay-Per-Click method
- Personal Telephone Calls
- Sales through the Sales Team
- Independent Birmingham Hotel Representative
- Online Travel Portal
- Online Travel Agents
- Event Planners
- Independent Travel Agents
- Travel Agents
- Promotions and Communications – The director of marketing and sales department should develop the most effective communication and promotion mix for hotel. The promotion is the way the hotels can possibly communicate to the target customers. Below are some of the communication and promotion channels that are used by the hotels today:
- TV Commercials
- Scratch Pads with the Hotel Logo
- Hotel Pencils and Pens
- Google+ Page
- Facebook Page
- Twitter Channel
- Hotel Websites
- Room Pricing or Rate – Identifying the right pricing strategy is one of the most crucial aspects of the hotel mixed with business. If the products of the hotel such as food and beverages, guest rooms, etc. aren’t competitively prices, then the potential customers might reject the use of the hotel services.
In today’s very competitive market, the guests are greatly influenced by the packages and pricing. The packages and rate code of the Birmingham hotel are defined keep in mind to impress or attract guests. The hotel room pricing or rates are generally defined as per the below-mentioned season:
- Peak Season – This period is when the demand for hotel and its services is at highest and can possibly charge the highest rates to the guest. There’s no defined peak period for the entire hotels as it varies from one hotel to another.
- Off Season – this is the time with the lowest room demands. Generally, hotels can offer reduced packages and rates like discounted package and rates.
- Shoulder Season – this is the period that falls between the off and peak season. This is also the best time to impress and attract new hotels mixed with business as rooms are still available and medium to highest rates can possibly be charged. The marketing and sales activities should be at their best during this time period.